Nutritional Deficiencies, (also referred to as Malnutrition) are the lack of sufficient nutrients in the body. Nutritional Deficiencies occur when the body does not get enough nutrients. Nutritional Deficiencies include Calcium, Vitamin D, Potassium, Iron, Vitamin B12, Folate, Magnesium, Omega-3 Fats, Vitamin K2, Vitamin E, Iodine, and Choline. The causes of Nutritional Deficiencies include digestive conditions or a poor diet.
What Are the Symptoms?
Symptoms of Nutritional Deficiency include:
- Failure to thrive
- Slow growth
- Short stature
- Water-electrolyte imbalance
- Loss of muscle
- Muscle weakness
- Weight loss
Treatments for Nutritional Deficiencies include IV Therapy and UVLrx Light Therapy. With IV Therapy, the nutrients (vitamins) that are needed are injected directly into the veins which allows easy absorption into the cells. In UVLrx Light Therapy a light cable that delivers three different wavelengths of light, sits in a patient’s vein where the blood circulates. Each blood cell is exposed to the light and in over an hour, each blood cell is exposed to the light at least 5-7 times. This helps kill microorganisms in the blood and helps to stimulate and strengthen the immune system.
- Bowers, Elizabeth Shimer. “7 Common Nutrient Deficiencies: Know the Signs.” Everyday Health. p., 6 Oct. 2014. Web.
- “Nutritional Deficiencies (Malnutrition).” N.p., 6 Nov. 2015. Web.
- “How To Recognize Nutrient Deficiencies.” N.p., 3 Nov. 2014. Web.
- “11 Most Common Nutrient Deficiencies.” N.p., 19 Oct. 2015. Web.